Dancing with your feet is one thing, but dancing with your heart is another...
For the time being we will be offering one ballet class a week. These classes will take place every Saturday morning at the times listed below. We have two classes available for each age group due to high interest. Hopefully, this can bring some normality to us all and most importantly to our baby ballerinas who we are missing so much!
As we have over 50 children in each age group, if need be we will introduce a second class for each age group so I can see them all on my screen and give them all some individual attention.
The cost of these online classes will be £3 per 30 minute class, £1.50 per 15 minute Tap class payable in four weekly blocks.
These classes will need to be paid for in advance (no later than 24 hours before the first class of the month) giving me time to check who I need to add to the scheduled class. Details will be sent out 24 hours prior to each class with the login password for that week.
When paying online please pay for the four weeks in full using your child’s full name as the reference.
Please ensure you follow the health and safety guidelines along with the Zoom security measures below whilst following any online classes.
9.30am – 10.00am – Mummy & Me/Baby Ballet – walking to 3 years
10.15am – 10.45am – Mummy & Me/Baby Ballet - walking to 3 years
11.00am – 11.45am – Pre School Tap & Ballet 1 – school starters 2020
12.00am – 12.45pm – Pre School Tap & Ballet 2 – school starters 2020
Below are the instructions to join the class via Zoom.
Details for Zoom:
· Check you have signed up for Zoom https://us04web.zoom.us/
· Click on the 'sign up for free' box. It is free for you as a participant of classes as I have paid the upgrade, as the host, to have unlimited time.
· I have included a 10 minute sign in time to each class so please sign in at least 5 minutes before the class so I can check everyone is ready to start on time.
· Enter the Meeting ID and Password which I will email out 24 hours before the scheduled class.
· If they do not want to be seen by me and the rest of the class they can turn the video off but still take part in the class - I must be informed of the account holder’s name if it is different from the child’s name.
· The classes will run for 30 minutes for Ballet classes and 45 minutes for Pre School Tap & Ballet.
Ensure the following security measures are in place before signing up to a Zoom class:
· Change the username of your Zoom account to your child’s name, or email me letting me know the name on the Zoom account your child will be using to join the class.
· You must have all the security settings in place on the devices being used for the class.
· All under 16s must be supervised during the class by an appropriate adult.
· Log out of your Zoom account after the class.
Health and Safety Procedures (updated 26/4/2020)
· Do not dance in socks when dancing on wooden floors or tiles. Bare feet is the safest way to dance on these floors.
· Ballet shoes should be worn to protect feet from friction on the carpet.
· Tap shoes are extremely slippery on tiles and wooden floors so take extra care if you are wearing your tap shoes at home.
· You must ensure hair is tied back out of the eyes so dancers can see clearly.
· You must be in appropriate clothing whilst dancing.
· You are responsible for ensuring the space your child is using for this online class is suitable and safe. This includes ensuring the space is a sufficient size to accommodate moving freely and the space should also be free from obstacles/dangerous items.
· Siblings may join in as long as there is appropriate space to avoid injury whilst dancing.
· Inform me of any injuries or conditions that they need to be aware of. If this is of a personal nature, send an email to me the day before the class.
· We accept no liability for any injuries sustained by those participating in the classes, nor do we accept any liability for damage to personal property caused during the dance classes.
By signing up to take part in these online classes, and in being a part of our dance community, you agree to adhere to the above terms.
Parents are responsible for the safety of their own children whilst following our videos and online classes.
In our Pre School Ballet classes we start introducing a little more ballet technique preparing our dancers for The Royal Academy of Dancing Pre Primary syllabus which they will study when they start primary school. The syllabus we follow is still very much learning through imaginative dance and storytelling but encourages the finer motor skills required for Ballet as they grow.
Our last week of classes this Winter term are
Showtime - Temporarily Postponed
Our show will be rescheduled as soon as it is safe do so.
Our annual show for all our Pre School age children will be on Sunday 5th July. The show is for all our ballerinas who will be starting school in September 2020.
'Mummy and Me' - 9.00-9.30
Baby Ballet - 9.30 - 10.00
Pre School Ballet 1- 10.00-10.30
Pre School 1 & 2 Tap - 10.30-10.45
Pre School Ballet 2 - ...
Pre School Tap - 9.30-9.45
Per School Ballet - 9.45 -10.15
Baby Ballet - 1.30-2.00
Pre School Tap - 2.00-2.15
Pre School Ballet - 2.15-2.45
Baby Ballet - 1.00 - 1.30
Pre School - 1.30 - 2.00
Mummy & Me - 2.00-2.30
Mummy & Me Ballet - 9.30 - 10.00
Baby Ballet - 10.00-10.30
Pre School Tap - 10.30-10.45
Pre School Ballet - 10.45-11.15
We do have a uniform at Cotswold Baby Ballet.
This is available from your teacher in class.
RAD Sophia Skirted leotard ~ £21.00
Bloch Ballet Shoes ~ £14.00
We recommend you choose one size larger than your child's shoe size.
Cotton 3/4 sleeve cardigan ~ £13.00
Acrylic full length sleeve cardigan ~ £10.00
Cotton Headband ~ £3.00
Dear parents and carers,
I have decided that in light of the current situation and after Boris Johnson’s announcements this afternoon that I will be cancelling the next two weeks of classes seeing us into the Easter break.
My classes bring together over 200 children, their parents and carers and many grandparents every week. Due to the age groups I teach we also have many pregnant ladies and others with newborns. Whilst I do believe the majority of us will come out the other side of this virus hopefully unscathed, for some it is much more worrying.
Every single one of my baby ballerinas is so special to me and I feel this is in the best interests of not only them but all of you and your families.
I will find space to put the missed classes on once we know more after the Easter break.
Thank you so much for your support and understanding. Please give all my ballerinas a little extra cuddle tonight from me and I will keep you updated by email, our Facebook page and the website www.cotswoldbabyballet.co.uk as things unfold over the coming weeks.
Boys only Pre School Ballet - a fast paced, dynamic class designed to encourage your little superhero to fall in love with ballet.